Wednesday, May 18, 2005

All Apologies

I really meant to blog more during the show last night, I did, but we had about 6 people over to watch the show and I got preoccupied. Lee Ann looked great, sounded fantastic, and the standing ovation was just icing on the cake. I spoke to Lee Ann briefly this morning, and she said she had a great time last night. No awards, but we can't win them all. I honestly think she's going to sweep at the CMA Awards. One can hope!

There are more important things at the moment though than an awards show in October (or is it November?). He Oughta Know That By Now!!!! I know you guys are doing a great job with requesting the song at your local radio station. Many of you have been asking how you can help promote the song, and I think the best thing you can do is word of mouth. Play the song for a friend, group of friends, at a party, in the office, etc. If someone expresses interest in the song, tell them more about it and Lee Ann. Maybe they too will start requesting the song, telling people about it, and the grassroots monster really takes hold. Remember to be nice when you call to request the song! Keep me posted on what radio is saying, and how your friends, family and co-workers are taking to LAW.

You guys are the best! Love and gratitude always....

5 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Well, Chris, I'm sorry. I'll consider myself partly to blame. See, I tried to keep everyone acting nice-like over on the LAW forums and was too embarrassed myself to share my mistakes with y'all in detail so that you could learn from them.

So, enough with the niceties and whatnot. I've tried to teach my kids that life is not fair and that anyone who promised them that it is deserved a punch in the nose.

I still believe we can make a huge difference in this world, though, and I refuse to give up hope. So, please take this advice if you think it will help and that you can truly put it into effect for you; kill them with kindness and you'll frustrate the heck out of most of them, or at the very least alleviate some of the trouble you got coming your way. ;-)

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I am banned from Leeannwomack.com? My user name is goddess on there. I posted a bunch of pictures, and now it won't let me log in.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Sheeesh, by 30 I was just getting started learning things the hard way. lol

Have a great LAW day, my friend, and let's DO spread the LAW love out there.

Goddess, I'm certain there's been some kind of mistake. Just keep trying and hopefully it will all be resolved soon. I personally loved the artwork.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Unfortunately, I think that program director represents a few I try to deal with up here too. There's got to be a way around this somehow.

Alison, we're all ears. After getting some feedback from you/your-LAW-strategists, let us know and we'll turn into all ACTION!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Cool! I'll go check it out ASAP, probably just after lunch. Gotta skidaddle for a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home