Monday, May 02, 2005

A Day In the Life



That would be the LAW with my parents. I'm glad that my Dad could set his drink down for 5 seconds! :) I didn't sit with them during the show, but they had a really good time, and my mom snapped a picture or two that I'll add at the end here.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions of touring is that it is a glamorous thing. While I guess parts of it can be fun, it is a grueling job, just like any other. A lot of work goes on by many, many different people on a daily basis to make sure that you guys can see the best show possible. When we arrived in Atlantic City about 3pm, everyone was already hard at work doing a soundcheck, working on the lights, straightening out tickets and meet and greets, and just generally making sure that everything ran smoothly. It is quite an operation!

We all had a really great time at the show, and it was good to see everyone since they had been on the road for so long. The very first thing Lee Ann said to me at soundcheck was, "We've got some great things on video for you to see!!!", so be looking for some new behind the scenes road video on LAW.com very soon. Thanks to everyone who came out to shows in April!

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

It doesn't really surprise me that the road can be a grind, but I'm glad you're all doing alright. Thanks for posting the great pics and I'll be looking forward to seeing the videos. ;-)

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison,thanks so much for sharing those pics with us. Glad you had a great time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home