Saturday, June 11, 2005

Drats!

I was expecting to make my radio debut yesterday, but XM gave me the ol' chop! :) That was really cool to hear though, especially knowing that those who couldn't be there with us could share in on the fun. As soon as I receive the schedule for the reairings of the show, I will be sure to let you guys know. Thanks again to everyone who came out to the party. Receiving flowers was a total surprise, and I meant to get on the mic and thank all of you for being so awesome, but I've got bad stage fright! I do really have the most awesome job in the world and I thank all of you fan club members for being so great and for making it all worthwhile.

My roomie Shane (for those of you at the party, Shane was the one handing out the gift bags) and I got tickets from MCA for today's Fan Fair, so we're just gonna go check it out, talk to some folks down there, maybe do a little impromptu market research (Shane works for an artist management firm here in town) and have a taste of Fan Fair from the fans perspective. That is if it quits raining. In the meantime, we're gonna hit Pancake Pantry. Steve Martin sent me a few photos from Thursday, so I'll attach below. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!



4 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Howdy y'all! ;-)

Wow, I think I'm almost rested from the trip. I'm not sure if Alison is recovered yet, though, heeheehee. For those of you not able to go this year, you've got to go asap. Alison did a superb job with the details. It was one of THE best experiences of my life ranking somewhere in the top 10, seriously!

Patricia, thank YOU for requesting the hug. Lee Ann really enjoyed it too. I could tell. ;-)

Chris, I just LAWVE you, man! I vote on KZLA everyday (you can do multiples if you use different computers ala work and home, of course). I'm going to send that e-mail next!

TTYS

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Wait, you're still sending me that $25 for the video, aren't cha? ;-)

Just kidding folks, speaking of which, I can't believe how funny Lee Ann is. She just cracks me up. LOL

Patricia, Chris and I already decided you ARE coming to the party next year. :p

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Patricia,

If you ain't got a suitcase, get a box
Or an old brown paper sack
Pack it light or pack it heavy
Take a truck, take a chevy
Tricia just come back

There's a shortcut to the highway outta town
Why don't you take it
Don't let that speed limit slow you down
Go on and break it

Chorus:
And Tricia run, cut a path across the blue skies
Strait in a strait line, you can't get there fast enough
Find a truck and fire it up, lean on the gas and off the clutch
Leave the 'lina's in the dust, LAW needs you in a rush

;-)

We'll help get you there. Just wait and see. :-D

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Yaaaay, I'm glad you liked it! Before we get all worked up about next year, though, I'm thinking we have to work on Alison to make sure there even will be a next year? There wasn't one last year but if we get started early we can improve our chances.

Hey Alison, we're here to help if you'll have us. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home