Thursday, June 02, 2005

Funny How Time Slips Away

You want to hear a funny story? I'm sick. Wait! That's not funny! Well, I am sick AND I have a funny story. But before we get to my totally amusing story, does anyone have any good cold remedies? And is it feed a cold or starve a cold? I always forget those little sayings. Right now my cold is saying it wants chocolate. I'll have to check on that, stat.

So on with the funny story! I had Lee Ann's manager put aside a few copies of the vinyl record for me to give away and Courtney beat me to the office to pick up things. There was a post-it note on the top that said "For Alison". Courtney thought that was odd, but went ahead and had Lee Ann sign them....and the top one says "To Alison Love, Lee Ann Womack". When I got it, we all had a good laugh about it. So now I guess I have my own copy of the vinyl! What should I do with it? I think I should be nice and give it away to someone else named Alison (and that's Alison with one L!!). Do you know anyone who fits that description?

8 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Oh yes, she's my God-daughter and I'm entirely certain that her name has at least one "l". Plus, she's getting an I Hope You Dance Shirt for her next birthday, the very same one you sent to me, along with a dual disc greatest hits. Don't you think that the vinyl record, made out to her no less, would just make her a LAW fan forever and ever, thereby extending out the fame and fortune and LAWVE of our own Lee Ann into perpitude. C'mon now, how can that be denied. With so much at stake the outcome of your decision is a matter of great importance now and I fear that a mistake could mean 7 years of bad luck. So, let me relieve you of the burden of this decision and take away your troubles. Besides, it will most likely obliterate that pesky cold overnight even. ;-)

Holycow, even I need hip-waders after all that. ROFL

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

BTW, get better soon, get lots of rest, liquids, and chicken soup, and you need to feed both colds and the flu, but not to excess. ;-)

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get better Alison, I hate colds. Don't know any good remedies though.

Haha, that's funny about Lee Ann and the vinyl record. I hope it finds a home ;).

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison Krauss! That might fit... :)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Whadya mean "trying?" ;-) Careful now or you just might come to be known as Chris Rock if you're not careful. LOL

~Come what may, I will LAWVE you, until my dying day~
-Christian and Satine

speaking of which.....did anybody else get anything out of Moulin Rouge? I thought it was pretty cool.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Which "Steve's comments?" LOL, and good catch on the correction. I myself have wished for the ability to edit posts here occasionally. Oh well....

Chicago was another good one. I also liked A Knight's Tale, even though I was extremely skeptical as soon as the jousting crowd started doing We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions, LOL.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I requested "He Oughta Know That By Now" at Nashville's WSIX:

--Billy Greenwood is going to play your e-meal request today in the Noon hour. Thanks for listening to The Big 98 WSIX!

Keith
98 WSIX--

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha that's funny,Alison :p Feel better soon. My mom also has a cold now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home