Wednesday, September 07, 2005

CMT Live!

9:40 CT - Brian Mansfield and Robert Ormann are weighing in on the nominations. According to Brian, Lee Ann's 6 nominations is the most by a woman since Faith Hill in 2000. Read that sentence again, and marvel with me.

9:35 CT - Katie just interviewed Sugarland and went to commercial. After the break, they are going to be interviewing a few "music insiders" (funny, they didn't ask me....). Will be interesting to see what they say about the LAW. 6 nominations though! Wow!

9:30 CT - Video Of the Year! Single Of the Year! Song Of the Year! Vocal Event Of the Year! (for both Good News, Bad News and I'll Never Be Free) Female Vocalist Of the Year! Album Of the Year!

9:25 CT - Lance Smith fills uncomfortable amounts of time until the director of the CMA Ed Benson announces Lee Ann. She looks beautiful as always. Fingers crossed everyone!

9:15 CT - Katie Cook is introducing the show. She kicks it to Lance Smith, has some odd technical difficulties, and now we're headed to commercial.

6 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love Live Television! LOL

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison,
Keith said something about LAW not doing very well... is she not feeling well today?

-Dustin

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm counting 7 different nominations though. Maybe my list is incorrect:

1. Album of The year
2. Music Video of The Year
3. Single Of The Year
4. Song Of The Year
5. Musical Event Of The Year ("Good News, Bad News")
6. Musical Event Of The Year ("I'll Never Be Free")
7. Female Vocalist Of The Year

Dustin

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

It is just me or is anyone else feeling vindicated after the poor treatment the LAW's been getting from some country radio? I'm going to be bringing up stats to my radio stations LOTS over the next few weeks. I feel like the Energizer Bunny! ;-)

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chris! :) Sorry about that, I was in shock that my main girl wasn't nominated that I missed that.

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching CMT and smiling everytime Lee Ann name was called. Keith Urban's sense of humor showed when after announcing Lee Ann's name twice after Vocal Event Of The Year, He quiped "Lee Ann Womack and Lee Ann Womack" and after annoucing Sara Evans and Brad Paisley, "You weren't available for that one". Too Funny. Tiff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home