Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Here In the Real World

Well, I'm back from a whirlwind vacation down to Austin for the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Even though I am beyond wiped, I feel revived after seeing so much great music from a slew of bands....Spoon, Keane, The Frames, The Fiery Furnaces, The Walkmen, Bloc Party, Jet, Death Cab For Cutie, Robert Randolph, Kaiser Chiefs, Oasis, Doves, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists, Franz Ferdinand, Jack Ingram, Wilco, Dierks Bently and Coldplay. Jack, Wilco and Dierks were holding it down for country in the crowd and did it well.

Now that I'm back, we have a little matter to discuss in the ways of a little CMT contest. Thanks to all of those who entered! Drumroll please......and the winner is....Greg Van Beek! Congrats to Greg, and your prize will be in the mail soon.

Sounds like things could be getting interesting around here....

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6That's an interesting article for ya. I've seen Faith's new video and it was kinda confusing since I've only seen it once.

I hope Lee Ann's new video is 10x's better!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

My head is realing right now because I want to share a thought about the whole retro theme and apparent competition recently. The reason I'm realing is because I want this thought to come across properly without adding any more confusion. Let me state that first of all I think the added coverage of the theme by Faith and Tim will actually work to Lee Ann's benefit.

Here goes: in business we study life cycles of different things, including products and/or trends/fads, etc. In the beginning of these cycles we usually find the most room for growth which is actually enabled from duplicate products entering brand new or "retro" products even. Because the market is so new, started clearly by Lee Ann, the fact that such popular and famous artists are coming into the subject can only work to Lee Ann's favor because it will grow the market for this type of product. Instead of looking at it like a fixed-size pie, with piece sizes determined by the number and popularity of pie eaters determining "success" in getting a piece of the pie, we need to see the pie expanding greatly with each pie eater getting a bigger piece of the expanding pie. This is truly what's called a win/win situation. As long as we're in the early part of the retro life cycle, this principle plays out great for the LAW. Time will tell for sure but that's my $0.02. ;-)

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the Faith/Tim production, not crazy about the song or video. Can't wait for 20 Years video. I'm sure it will be great. The more I watch the Greatest Duets Concert, the better it gets. Seven times and counting. Love Joe And Lee Ann.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home