Thursday, September 29, 2005

iTunes Tutorial

I know there has been some confusion as far as iTunes goes, so I thought I'd give a little iTunes tutorial (with picures!) to help those out who have never used it and aren't familiar. It is very easy to obtain iTunes, all you need to do is go to apple.com/itunes and follow the prompts to download it. Once you get it installed, it is VERY easy to use. When you get it up and running, with music, it'll look like this...

On the left is playlists I have set up, the artwork of the music I am listening to at the moment (which you can also print out to look like a cd cover), an area for all my podcasts, and a link to the iTMS. On the right is my library of music, which can be organized any way you want, just by clicking on the tabs above (artist, album, song, etc).
Just click on "Music Store" on the left and you can access the iTunes Music Store (or iTMS for short).

Once you are inside the iTMS, you can browse and buy til your hearts content. It is also very easy to create an iTunes account. All you need is a credit card, even a debit card will work (that is what I use to pay for my account). Once you have an account set up, all you need to do is click "download" when you find a song that you want to purchace, and iTunes will automatically download that song (or album) for you.


As you can see above, you can either download by the song, or by the album. Sometimes if it is a special package, you'll have to buy the album to get some of the content and the song will be labled "album only".

Another misconception about buying songs from iTunes is that you need an iPod to listen to the songs you buy away from your computer which isn't true. You are able to burn songs you buy onto a cd that is playable in any cd player. I believe you can burn an album in the same sequence up to 10 times.

If anyone else has any other questions, feel free to email me and I'll try my best to help you. If you want to own the music, I want to make sure you have access!

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I can't play iTunes songs in my Windows Media player. Why not?

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Miss Alison, you are all that and a bag of chips. Thank you SO much for the tutorial. Although my work access has this site blocked, I'll check it out when I get home even though my connection is slow. Thanks again. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home