Friday, October 07, 2005

Flowers In the Window



Dolly Parton's new duets album, Those Were the Days, includes a duet with Lee Ann and Norah Jones and will be in stores this Tuesday. Other artists on the album include Joe Nichols, Cat Stevens, Nickel Creek, LAW favorite Mindy Smith, Keith Urban, Alison Krauss, Dan Tyminski, and Porter Wagoner. Lee Ann, Norah and Dolly harmonize beautifully on the old Peter, Paul and Mary song Where Have All the Flowers Gone. Be sure to pick up a copy at your favorite record store or at iTunes on Tuesday. The song is great, but seeing how it is Dolly and the LAW, how could it not be?

I'm heading for the hills this weekend, literally, for a nice relaxing weekend of camping and white water rafting on the Ocoee River. Enjoy the weekend everyone! Fall has arrived!

5 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Well I'll be.....am I the only one here old enough to remember when Where Have All The Flowers Gone when it was released way back when? Think I'll go remember some Puff The Magic Dragon too, giggle. How cool is this!

I didn't think Cat Stevens was performing any longer due to his religious beliefs? Is this an infidel act on his part, especially performing with Dolly? Holycow I hope not! Sheeeesh!

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Best Buy yesterday(Saturday), and I saw that in the country music section they had Dolly's new album for sale. I thought that was weird since it's supposed to come out on Tuesday.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

yay, it's great to be in such good company. ;-)

In other news, go Astros, whoa!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

Hey Grumpy, at least your college football team is better than mine. ;-) I'm pretty sure we could beat you in hockey, though, giggle.

Happy Birthday to YOU
Happy Birthday to YOU

Happy Birthday DEAR PATRICIA

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!! ;-)

(thanks for the reminder CF)

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Smartin271 said...

I'm glad you did. Welcome back and I hope you enjoyed your time off. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home